Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Antarctica... seriously?

I decided to give the blog world a whirl after a few friends suggested it might be the easiest way to keep in touch with everyone while on my adventures in Antarctica.

To catch everyone up to speed, I found out in late September that I had been accepted as a participant in the 2010 Graduate Training Course in Antarctic Marine Biology.
Basically, it's a trip of a lifetime and a comparative physiologist's playground! After reams and reams of medical and dental tests I've finally been cleared to go, or as all the cool kids say "I've finally PQ'd" (physically qualified). Flights have been booked and it's finally seeming real to me!

I begin the long journey south on New Years Day. What a way to bring in 2010!

Stay tuned for more info, updates and fun Antarctic themed goodies. To get the ball rolling I've added two weather trackers at the bottom of the blog: one for Ottawa and one for McMurdo Research Station.

Let the coldness competition begin!


j

1 comment:

  1. According to the little weather chart at the bottom of your blong it seems that it's about 12 degrees warmer in Antarctica than it is in Ottawa ;)

    ReplyDelete