Sunday, June 27, 2010

The waiting game sucks, let's play hungry hungry hippos...

It's been a while since I've blogged. Maybe it's because nothing really seemed to compare to the Antarctic adventure. Maybe it's because life has been very hectic since I've been back in the real world. Maybe it's a little bit of both.

Since returning to the real world in early February I've:
a) interviewed for my first real job
b) been offered my first real job
c) negotiated and accepted my first real job (As of July 1st I will be a new Assistant Professor in Biology at Georgia Southern University)
d) found a really cute house to rent in Statesboro, Georgia.

e) published the major paper from my postdoc work in Ottawa (hooray!)
f) conferenced at UBC and had a great time hanging out with old friends
g) scrambled to finish labwork at OttawaU

And now... I wait... amongst boxes while my work visa is approved and makes it way up to me.

So to commemorate this big move I've added a new weather bar at the bottom of the blog. I'm enjoying the extremes... even preparing for the temperature extremes I'll be faced with in Georgia!


Go Eagles!

(might as well start practicing now!)





No comments:

Post a Comment